Library and Information Centre
Students should possess at least one text book for each subject of their study. It may be noted that library is not a provider of text books to students for their routine studies. Library is a reservoir of various sources of information and knowledge and students should utilize library as a source of additional information. They should cultivate the habit of studying in the library during library hours instead of leaving the college soon after the class work is over. All eligible SC/ST students should make use of the SC/ST book bank for their text books.
To Provide Valuable Resources for Industry and Society through Excellence in Technical Education and Research
- To provide quality service to the users
- To disseminate technical knowledge
- To offer modern tools for accessing information
- To network with leading libraries
The Library Provides learning materials through CDs, National & International Journals and has Video Conferencing and Discussion Rooms facilities.
|Library Timings||8.00AM to 9.00PM|
|Sundays & Holidays||8.00AM to 6.00PM|
|Located in||1658.7 Sqm. Area|
|Total No. of Books||58,842 (Excluding SC/ST Book Bank)|
|Book Bank for SC/ST||10,373|
Every year more than 2,500 volumes are being added. Open Access System is followed in the Library.
EXPENDITURE ON LIBRARY RESOURCES
|Expenditure Details||Amount (Rs.)|
Library avails the 280 MBPS internet connectivity for BSNL Leased Line. The Library subscribes to AICTE Mandatory E-Journals like IEEE, ASME, ASCE, IEI Springer, DELNET, N-LIST, IETE, National Digital Library and J-GATE Management. The library subscribes to 131 Technical print Journals and Magazines, out of which 119 are Indian and 12 International. The library also subscribes to quite a number of high value International, Asian and Indian general magazines.
The library has 52 dedicated computers with multimedia and internet facility.
Library Server Specifications
Library has a media server with NPTEL specifications
- Xeon Dual Core Processor Support 2.33GHz
- 16GB of RAM can be scalable to 64GB
- 6TB of SAN storage can be scalable to 12TB
- Hardware RAID
- Gigabit Network Connectivity
Server has connected more than 100 systems of various departments.
The Library is member of DELNET and provides web access to 2,79,30,550 records of Books, Periodicals, Theses, Dissertations with locational data and document delivery facility at the national level to the students and faculty. It is connected to 6,500 Libraries in 33 States in India and eight other Countries.
To Access DELNET
The Library is a member of INFLIBNET and provides web access to 3,01,41,202 full text of e-Books,e-Journals and Archives
To Access INFLIBNET
To Access e-ShodhSindhu
Digital Learning Materials
- 10000 hours of NPTEL video lectures by IIT teachers on 500 subjects
- 129 NPTEL web based courses by IIT’s
- 500 hours of CD/Video courses on 25 Engineering subjects by SONET
- 224 hours of Video Lectures On Industrial Grade Skills From IEG
- 200 hours of INDO-US lectures
- 300 hours of MIT University Lectures
- 300 hours of STANFORD University Lectures
- 100 hours of HARVARD University Lectures
- CBTs (Computer Based Tutorials) on 42 subjects
- 385 Subjects of All Engineering Programme from JNTUK-COEERD.
To Access NPTEL Video and Web Courses:
To Access JNTUK- COEERD Material:
- Autonomous Previous Question Papers
- SBTET Learning Material
- JNTUK Previous Question Papers
- Project Reports
- Department wise Learning materials
- GATE Materials
- GRE & TOEFL Materials
To Access e-Material
To facilitate the STOP/START mode of e-learning, discussion rooms are established.
A Video Projection Room
A Video Projection Room is provided with projection facility and video conferencing.
Subscribes to AICTE Mandatory e-Journals
Satellite Enabled Educational Sources
EDUSAT – 2 way video theory lectures and practicals (AICTE)
Downloading and recording facilities for EKLAVYA Technology Channel.
Down linking and recording facility for Ku Band Transmissions by SONET.
Media Resource Centre
- Photocopying (Konica Xerox 2 Nos.)
- LCD Projector
- Xerox cum Network Printer (Toshiba E-studio 160 Digital Printer)
- DVD Writer
- VHS Cassette to VCD Conversion
- Video Camera
All the data relating to the Library is computerized and bar coding has been introduced.
An OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) has been created and about 52 terminals are provided to facilitate access. It is also made available via LAN in the campus.
GEC Intranet E-LIBRARY
GEC Internet Web Link
|1||Mr.N.RAMA RAO||Librarian||M.Com, M.Ed., M.L.I.S., M.Phil, PGDLAN|
|1||Mr.T. Murali||Junior Librarian||MBA, MLIS|
|2||Mr.B.Sridhar Babu||Junior Assistant||B.Com,MLIS|
|3||Mr.M.Kondala Rao||Record Assistant||MBA|
|4||Mr.K.A.V.Vasanta Rao||Book Keeper||SSC|
|5||Mr.B.Naga Raju||Book Keeper||SSC|
|6||Mr.G.V.Jaya Teja||Book Keeper||Diploma|
|9||Mr. A. Vara Prasad||Book Keeper||SSC|
- Text Book Section
- Circulation Section
- E-Learning Centre
- Discussion Rooms
- Server Room
- Media Resource Centre
- Reference Section
- Journals Section
- Video Projection Room
- CIVIL Department Books
- MBA / M.Tech Text Books
- Book Bank for SC/ST
- First Year Books
- Back Volumes
- News Papers
- Project Reports